The Scientific Program Committee invites you to submit an abstract of your scientific research, for presentation at the Joint SSA & NZSSS Conference, in association with ASPAC in Cairns.
Each abstract will be assessed in terms of relevance to the conference topics and quality of the work.
We look forward to receiving your contributions.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION STEPS
1. Read the following guidelines and requirements
2. Decide on whether you will submit a short or extended abstract and under what theme
3. If you are submitting an extended abstract, download the template to your computer and complete
4. Upload your short or extended abstract via the online abstract portal by 30 May 2020
5. Receive notification by email on or before 20 June 2020
6. If you are submitting a full paper, download the template to your computer and complete
7. Upload full paper (optional) by 8 August 2020
8. Receive full paper notification by email on or before 1 September 2020
9. Register for the conference before 18 September 2020
10. Prepare your presentation. Details will be online in due course and included in your notification email.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION FORMAT & LAYOUT GUIDELINES
All authors are required to submit a short or extended abstract in the first instance. Abstracts must be submitted electronically via the abstract submission portal by 30 May 2020. Once an abstract has been accepted, authors are invited to submit a full paper. Full papers will be peer reviewed as per publication process by at least 2 reviewers.
Short Abstracts / Extended Abstracts – Due 30 May 2020
Authors are welcome to submit either a short abstract or an extended abstract.
Short abstracts must not exceed a 350-word limit. The word limit relates only to the text of the abstract and does not include title, authors and institutions. No equations or images should be included in a short abstract. Short abstracts should be written in Arial, size 11 font and be justified with single line spacing. The abstract author and title details are to be entered in the online form for automatic inclusion in the abstract upon submission.
Extended abstracts must use the template provided and should not exceed 2 pages. The extended abstract should contain references, comparisons to related works and other details expected in a scientific paper but not in an abstract.
Full Papers (optional) – Due 8 August 2020
Once an abstract is accepted, authors are invited to submit a full paper for peer review. Download the Full Paper Template provided and submit the Full Paper via the online abstract portal or email to email@example.com by 8th of August 2020.
The theme for this year’s conference is ‘Soils, investing in our future’. In the current environmental, social and political climate, soils are coming to the fore as our greatest global asset. There has never been a better time to invest in our future, but how do we do that?
When submitting your abstract online you will be asked to select one of the following session themes that best suits your presentation:
1. Soils and climate change
2. Soil structural and hydrological systems and their management in the environment
3. The role of soils in future function of farming and catchment systems
4. Advances in soil science for improved decision making
5. Pedology, soil landscapes and spatial mapping: informing the future
6. Advances in macro/micro biology and lessons for improved soil function
7. Protecting our soil resource from degradation & contamination
8. Effective management of nutrients and water
9. Soils, building capacity, society and culture
GENERAL POLICIES & REQUIREMENTS
All abstracts must be original work.
Abstracts must be free of typographical and grammatical errors and use sentence case for headings.
Submission acknowledges consent to publication of the abstract in the conference proceedings and via the mobile phone application.
The presenting author will be required to register for the conference in order to ensure their abstract(s) is included in the final program by 18 September 2020.
All submissions must be completed electronically via the online submission facility. If you are unable to submit in this manner, please contact the conference managers
All abstracts must be prepared according to the abstract format and layout guidelines provided.
There is no limit to the number of abstracts that may be submitted by an individual.
The Conference Organisers will not be held responsible for abstract submissions not received via the official online submission facility or for submission errors caused by internet service outages, hardware or software delays, power outages or unforeseen events.
All abstract notifications will be emailed to the submitting authors email address that was entered at the time of submission.
If you experience any technical issues while submitting your abstract or would like any changes made to the PDF of your abstract, please contact Lea Boodee firstname.lastname@example.org.
Short/extended abstract deadline 30 May
Author notification 30 June
Full paper (optional) deadline 8 August
Early bird registration deadline 18 September
Standard registration deadline 31 October
Conference 29 November – 4 December
Lea Boodee – PCO
P: +61 3 8080 8087
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Soil Science Australia acknowledges the traditional owners of the land and pays its respects to their Elders, past, present and future.