[maxbutton id="14" text="HOME" url="https://www.soilscienceaustralia.org.au/2021-joint-conference/"][maxbutton id="14" text="PROGRAM" url="https://www.soilscienceaustralia.org.au/2021-joint-conference/program/"][maxbutton id="14" text="REGISTRATION" url="https://www.soilscienceaustralia.org.au/2021-joint-conference/registration/"][maxbutton id="14" text="PRESENTERS" url="https://www.soilscienceaustralia.org.au/2021-joint-conference/presenters/"][maxbutton id="14" text="CONDUCT" url="https://www.soilscienceaustralia.org.au/2021-joint-conference/codes-of-conduct/"][maxbutton id="13" text="PLAN
YOUR TRIP" url="https://www.soilscienceaustralia.org.au/2021-joint-conference/plan-your-trip/"][maxbutton id="13" text="CAIRNS
FIELD TRIPS" url="https://www.soilscienceaustralia.org.au/2021-joint-conference/cairns-field-trips/"][maxbutton id="14" text="CONTACT" url="https://www.soilscienceaustralia.org.au/2021-joint-conference/conference-contact/"]
On behalf of the Soil Science Australia and the New Zealand Society of Soil Science Joint Conference Committee, we are excited by the number of submissions that have already been submitted. Nevertheless, due to high demand for extension requests, we are pleased to extend the deadline for abstracts until 5 April, 2021
We hope this will give those who require it, additional time to finalise their abstracts for this year’s Conference in Cairns.
If you have any queries or require assistance, please feel free to contact the Conference Organiser at Conf2021@soilscienceaustralia.org.au.
We look forward to receiving your abstract and hope that the conference gives you an opportunity to strengthen your existing networks and that you leave with great memories, fresh ideas, and new friendships.
Professor John McLean Bennett
Chair of Conference Committee
[maxbutton id=”12″ text=”SUBMIT ABSTRACT” url=”https://oncue.eventsair.com/soil-science-australia-2021/abstractsubmission”]
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION STEPS
1. Read the following guidelines and requirements
2. Decide on whether you will submit a short or extended abstract and under what theme
3. If you are submitting an extended abstract, download the template to your computer and complete
4. Upload your short or extended abstract via the online abstract portal by 1 Feb 2021
5. Receive notification by email on or before 20 Feb 2021
6. If you are submitting a full paper, download the template to your computer and complete
7. Upload full paper (optional) by 15 April 2021
8. Receive full paper notification by email on or before 5 May 2021
9. Register for the conference before 10 May 2021
10. Prepare your presentation. Details will be online in due course and included in your notification email.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION FORMAT & LAYOUT GUIDELINES
All authors are required to submit a short or extended abstract in the first instance. Abstracts must be submitted electronically via the abstract submission portal by 14 June 2020. Once an abstract has been accepted, authors are invited to submit a full paper. Full papers will be peer reviewed as per publication process by at least 2 reviewers.
Short Abstracts / Extended Abstracts – Due 7 Feb 2021
Authors are welcome to submit either a short abstract or an extended abstract.
Short abstracts must not exceed a 300-word limit. The word limit relates only to the text of the abstract and does not include title, authors and institutions. No equations or images should be included in a short abstract. Short abstracts should be written in Arial, size 11 font and be justified with single line spacing. The abstract author and title details are to be entered in the online form for automatic inclusion in the abstract upon submission.
Extended abstracts must use the template provided and should not exceed 2 pages. The extended abstract should contain references, comparisons to related works and other details expected in a scientific paper but not in an abstract.
Full Papers (optional) – Due 15 April 2021
Once an abstract is accepted, authors are invited to submit a full paper for peer review. Download the Full Paper Template provided and submit the Full Paper via the online abstract portal or email to email@example.com .
The theme for this year’s conference is ‘Soils, investing in our future’. In the current environmental, social and political climate, soils are coming to the fore as our greatest global asset. There has never been a better time to invest in our future, but how do we do that?
When submitting your abstract online you will be asked to select one of the following session themes that best suits your presentation:
- Soils and climate change
- Response of soils to climate change
- Impact on soil and adaption
- Carbon sink management
- Soil security/ land stewardship (national/global)
- Soil as a mitigation measure
- Soil structural and hydrological systems and their management in the environment
- Advance in soil structural function
- Soil water dynamics (micro to meta)
- Re-engineering of soil profiles
- Erosional process and management
- Constraints affecting soil structure
- The role of soils in future function of farming and catchment systems
- Soil security/ land management (farm/local/regional)
- Advances in soil science for improved decision making
- Soil and capital (natural and economic)
- Handling and federating soil data
- Proximal soil sensing
- Capturing qualitative data in decision frameworks
- Quantifying soil condition, capacity and capability
- Pedology, soil landscapes and spatial mapping: informing the future
- Advances in digital mapping
- Harmonising pedology and digital soil mapping
- Soil constraint mapping (sub-paddock scale)
- Spatial mapping of soil biological function
- Geomorphology, pedology and micromorphology
- Advances in macro/micro biology and lessons for improved soil function
- Protecting our soil resource from degradation & contamination
- Soil contamination: prevention and assessment
- Latest developments on the adoption of legislation on soil
- Application of Human-health Risk Assessment: Regulatory aspects and technical guidelines
- Consistency in risk based assessment of soil quality
- Soil Remediation and Reuse
- Innovative technologies for contaminated land remediation and management
- Sustainable Remediation – A Solution to an Unsustainable Past?
- Effective management of nutrients and water
- Advances in nutrient processes
- Soil-water-root interactions
- Nutrient timing and placement
- Managing nutrients to protect water resources
- Analytical measurement (see ASPAC special session)
- Soils, building capacity, society and culture
- Future soil science capacity (education & extension)
- Soils and informing policy (accreditation & codification)
- Connectivity to land
- Social capital
- Cultural lessons and impacts
GENERAL POLICIES & REQUIREMENTS
All abstracts must be original work.
Abstracts must be free of typographical and grammatical errors and use sentence case for headings.
Submission acknowledges consent to publication of the abstract in the conference proceedings and via the mobile phone application.
The presenting author will be required to register for the conference in order to ensure their abstract(s) is included in the final program by 18 September 2020.
All submissions must be completed electronically via the online submission facility. If you are unable to submit in this manner, please contact the conference managers
All abstracts must be prepared according to the abstract format and layout guidelines provided.
There is no limit to the number of abstracts that may be submitted by an individual.
The Conference Organisers will not be held responsible for abstract submissions not received via the official online submission facility or for submission errors caused by internet service outages, hardware or software delays, power outages or unforeseen events.
All abstract notifications will be emailed to the submitting authors email address that was entered at the time of submission.
If you experience any technical issues while submitting your abstract or would like any changes made to the PDF of your abstract, please contact Lea Boodee firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOIL JUDGING COMPETITION SPONSORS
Conference 27 June – 2 July 2021
Lea Boodee – PCO
P: +61 3 8080 8087
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
[maxbutton id="12" text="JOIN NOW" url="http://eepurl.com/gSiayf"]
[maxbutton id="12" text="REGISTER NOW" url="https://oncue.eventsair.com/soil-science-australia-2021/ssanzss21onlineform"]
[maxbutton id="12" text="CONFERENCE HANDBOOK" url="https://indd.adobe.com/view/f83ed103-09c2-44f2-842b-b04ab98ea9f9"]
Soil Science Australia acknowledges the traditional owners of the land and pays its respects to their Elders, past, present and future.