If your abstract is accepted as an oral presentation you will have 15 minutes to present including question and answer time (12+3minutes).
AV Tips for Oral Presentations:
- each room is equipped with a laptop, data projector, pointer, and lectern microphone.
- please ensure any video or audio files embedded in your presentation are also brought with
you as separate files
- both Mac and PC formats will be fine
- presentation ratio is 16:9 widescreen
- please bring a copy of your presentation with you on a USB stick to be uploaded on arrival.
- we would advise having a backup copy of your presentation with you in the event of any
unforeseen circumstances. (e.g. laptop and USB stick)
- presentations will be loaded in the speakers prep room
If your abstract is accepted as a poster, you will be required to print a poster for on-site display, if attending in person. All poster presenters will also need to upload a pdf of their final poster for display to virtual conference attendees upload it DROPBOX.
Physical posters should be no larger than portrait layout A0 (841mm width x 1189mm height). The poster display boards are Velcro-compatible and Velcro fixers will be provided to all poster presenters at the conference.
Virtual Oral Presentations:
Virtual presentations will be pre-recorded, with presenters online to answer questions.
Instructions for pre-recording
Deadline for uploading pre-recordings is 15th of May
- Prepare your conference slides, as usual
- Practice your presentation, as usual
- Record your presentation using your preferred recording app using Zoom or a free screen recording app such as Screencastify or Screencast-o-matic
- Be sure to select the ‘share screen’ option to display your conference slides, this will allow your camera recording, of you, to appear at the top of your screen.
- Once you have a final version of your presentation saved, you are ready to upload it.
- Please save your recording as an MP4 file and upload it to DROPBOX – please name your video in the following format: SURNAME DATE TIME
Virtual Poster Presentations:
Poster presenters are required to pre-record a 2 minute talk explaining your poster. Please follow the pre-recording instructions above and upload it to DROPBOX
On-site attendees will only be able to post questions during the poster session so please make sure
to be online then to answer any questions.
All virtual and on-site attendees will be able to view your poster at any time during the conference
using either the app or OnAIR.
Tips and tricks for recording your back up presentation
- Do find a quiet space to record
- Do make sure the background is relatively ‘blank’ – try to find a blank wall as your background, or use a sheet to hide any clutter
- Do eliminate distractions – put a “Do Not Disturb” sign on your door and put your phone onto silent or “Do Not Disturb” mode
- Do have your camera at eye level
- Do try to look directly into your camera rather than at your screen
- Do practice your presentation before you record it
- Do familiarise yourself with the recording options before you start
- Do test your audio and video is working well before you record the full presentation
- Do try to remain enthusiastic throughout your presentation
- Do not use a generic digital screen background, as it reduces the quality of your recording – and you may lose an ear!
- Do not use slides only, its more engaging for the audience if they can see you along with your presentation slides
Will my presentation be available for viewing after the conference?
Yes, all presentations will be made available to attendees
Will there be questions and answers after the pre-recorded presentation?
Yes, there will be live questions from the floor and there can also be questions from virtual attendees, asked via the session chair.
Who will be able to see my presentation?
Only registered attendees will be able to access presentations through the virtual conference platform
Extended short abstract submission: 5 April 2021
Author notification March 2021
Early bird registration deadline: 20 April 2021
Full paper (optional) deadline: 15 Apr 2021
Standard registration deadline: 14 May 2021
Conference 27 June – 2 July 2021
Lea Boodee – PCO
P: +61 3 8080 8087
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Soil Science Australia acknowledges the traditional owners of the land and pays its respects to their Elders, past, present and future.