Equity and Diversity in Soil Science Australia
Soil Science Australia is proud to be engaged in promoting the diversity of all our members.
Soil Science Australia is a vibrant community that reflects the diversity of people, interests and backgrounds around the world. Members include all genders at all career stages, from undergraduate students to eminent retired academics, research scientists, government employees, industry practitioners and consultants.
Soil Science Australia recognises the importance of equity and diversity (E&D), and is proactively building upon our current diversity.
Soil Science Australia aims to:
- Proactively engage in practices that encourages diversity and equity.
- Promote and connect soil scientists within Soil Science Australia who proactively want to encourage diversity and equity.
- Promote soil science as an interesting and diverse career to all, irrespective of age, background and gender.
Using the Australian Academy of Science’s report “Gender Equity: Current Issues, Best Practices and New Ideas” Soil Science Australia is developing initiatives, including:
- Equity and Diversity representatives on Branches and Federal Council
- Survey of Soil Science Australia members on issues surrounding E&D
- Early Career Workshops to help develop our up and coming soil scientists and professionals as part of the CPSS accreditation programme.
- Soil Science Australia Code of Conduct for events and community interaction
All members of Soil Science Australia are encouraged to become engaged in promoting Equity and Diversity principles and in special events, activties, mentoring and development of Equity and Diversity practices. To become actively engaged, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org