Victorian branch news and events
Strategic Agricultural Land – consultation
March to April 2019
The Victorian Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning is working with Agriculture Victoria and Deakin University to identify strategic agricultural land within 100 km of central Melbourne.
Thank you to all members for your contribution to the survey.
The Leeper Lecture is named in honour of Dr Geoffrey W Leeper (1903 – 1986).
Dr Geoffrey W Leeper
- Educated University of Melbourne (BSc 1924, MSc 1926)
- University of Adelaide 1927
- Rowett Research Institute Scotland 1929 Research scholar in chemistry, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Melbourne 1930-32
- Lecturer in Agricultural Chemistry 1933-46
- Associate Professor 1946-62
- Professor 1962-69
- President, Royal Society of Victoria 1959-60
- President, Victorian Branch, Australian Institute of Agricultural ScienceHonorary Life Fellow, Royal Australian Chemical Institute.
Geoffrey Leeper wrote four books, two on trace elements, one on soil chemistry and one on soils. Peter Ryan described Leeper as “one of Australia’s most distinguished and useful citizens” (quoted in The Age newspaper, 1986, several years after Leeper’s death).
Leeper Lecture Guidelines