Soil Science Australia membership is open to soil science practitioners in all areas (e.g. academic, government, consultant, industry), at all stages of their careers (students to established experts and retirees), and to anyone interested in Australia’s soil resources. Soil Science Australia also welcomes corporate members.
Soil Science Australia members are part of a professional network dedicated to improving the knowledge and care of Australian soil resources.
Members enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- opportunities to network with peers and make new connections through branch and national events
- discounted rates for events, training and conferences
- regular information and updates
- membership of the International Union of Soil Sciences
- access to the online membership directory
- potential to be recognised with awards, scholarships, fellowships, honorary membership
- undergraduate, graduate and early career opportunities
- grants to attend national and international conferences and soil judging competitions.
Soil Science Australia welcomes new members! You will need to be nominated and seconded by a current member. If you do not know anyone, please call or email the branch president in your state, or the Executive Officer email@example.com or call 0476 450 321.
Payment can be made online by credit card. You will receive immediate confirmation of your payment and will be sent a temporary membership so you can receive all member benefits.
New member applications are officially ratified by Federal Council which meets four times each year. Your membership certificate will be sent to you once your membership has been ratified.
Categories & Fees
Membership is open to anyone interested in soil science and is from January 1 to December 31 annually.
View our corporate members in various categories including consultants, regulators, laboratories, research providers and technologies.
2017-18 Membership Survey insights
A survey was conducted among current members in 2017 with the results detailed in a final report.